Becoming a Provisional Taxpayer – meaning and definition
How does a person or organisation become a provisional taxpayer?
In the event you earn income where the person or organisation paying you doesn’t deduct tax on your behalf, then you may need to pay provisional tax. This happens if the income tax you owe as a result of that business activity for the previous year is more than $2500.
Becoming a Provisional Taxpayer – video guide
Ankur Kanojia, our Acquisition Manager, provides a summary on becoming a provisional taxpayer.
Further Resources for Paying Tax:
- Our Provisional Tax Guide
- Our Cashflow Guide
- Learn about tax liabilities here
- Learn about residual income tax here
- Check out our calendars for standard provisional tax dates and alternative provisional tax dates
- The different methods available to calculate provisional tax AIM, GST Ratio method, Standard Uplift method, or Estimation method