Estimation Method – meaning and definition
What is the Estimation Method?
Under the estimation method, you will base your provisional tax on an estimate of your profitability for the year ahead. If you feel as if you are going to earn significantly less income than you did last year, then you may wish to do this. However, be careful when choosing this method. There are some pitfalls you need to be aware of.
Estimation Method – video guide
Judd Pimentel, our Client Service Specialist, explains the estimation method for calculating provisional tax.
- Calculating Provisional Tax
- Our Provisional Tax Guide
- Find a TMNZ Premium Partner to walk you through your options
- Check out our calendars for standard provisional tax dates and alternative provisional tax dates
- The different methods available to calculate provisional tax AIM, GST Ratio method, Standard Uplift method,