Standard Uplift Method – meaning and definition
What is the Standard Uplift Method?
Under the standard uplift method, you generally base your provisional tax payments on a 105 percent uplift of last year’s income tax liability. If you expect to make more or roughly the same amount of money this coming year, look no further. This method will suit you.
Standard Uplift Method – video guide
Susanna Lee, our Senior Commercial Analyst, summarises the standard uplift method.
Further Resources for Paying Tax:
- Calculating Provisional Tax
- Our Provisional Tax Guide
- Find a TMNZ Premium Partner to walk you through your options
- Check out our calendars for standard provisional tax dates and alternative provisional tax dates
- The different methods available to calculate provisional tax GST Ratio method, Standard Uplift method, or Estimation method