Terminal tax date – meaning and definition
What is a terminal tax date?
A terminal tax date is the date on which any additional income tax required to satisfy your liability is due. The date on which your terminal tax is due depends on your balance date and if you have an extension of time arrangement. Most taxpayers will pay terminal tax on 7 February or 7 April.
Terminal tax date – video guide
Gino Orejana, our Client Care Specialist, explains what a terminal tax date is.
- Learn about tax liabilities here
- Learn about balance dates here
- Find a TMNZ Premium Partner to walk you through your options
- Learn more about provisional tax here
- Learn more about provisional tax payment dates here
- Check out our calendars for standard provisional tax dates and alternative provisional tax dates