Earlier this year we held our national Roadshow for tax agents and business taxpayers. Following popular demand, we have recorded the latest North Shore event and placed for you belowwebinar that explains the new provisional tax rules in advance of the 28 August provisional tax due date.
It’s important that every business understands the new tax rules. You can do that by watching the video below. It covers key changes to provisional tax rules you need to be aware of. Recommended strategies for helping to manage provisional tax obligations in the new environment and how tax pooling can help.
Here are helpful time-stamps if you are coming back to watch again:
- Background on the system to date (1:15)
- The new rules (7:50)
- Impact on larger tax payers (11:30)
- The uplift method (12:39)
- Options for paying provisional tax (24:00)
- Cashflow management (28:50)
Rata Kamau and Bary Hollow from Inland Revenue provided our tax agents with an update:
- Transforming tax administration (1:15)
- The transformation stages (10:20)
- Stage 2 (12:00)
- Involving and supporting tax agents (20:55)
- The future of business tax (24:48)
- Future strategies (29:00)